This three day course is presented in power-point and will employ the following aids for effective information sharing: work book, role plays, small group discussions and discussion of relevant case studies and trends. The key areas covered in the training are as follows:
- Sexual violence in the South African context – nature, extent and manifestation
- Exploration of the notion of ‘assessment’ and relevant tools of assessing
- Theories around sexual offending
- South African legislation surrounding handling of sex offenders – children and adults.
- Intervention and treatment approaches.
The training employs the experiential approach that allows for sharing of experiences and skills.
Who should attend?
- Social Workers both in private and public organisations
- Social Auxiliary Workers
- Employee Wellbeing Providers
- Lay Counsellors
Please scroll down to book your place on this course.